How to get Proper Torque of a Crank Arm Bolt for a StarTrac NXT
- In this video we are showing how to properly torque your crank arm bolt using an adjustable or "click" style torque wrench.
- Tools needed:
- Adjustable Torque Wrench
- Flat Tip Screwdriver
- You will begin by removing the crank arm bolt cap with a flat tip screwdriver.
- Once it's removed make sure your torque wrench is set to 30 foot pounds for the StarTrac NXT.
- It's a good idea to tighten the brake assembly to aid in holding the crank arm still as seen in the video.
- Place the wrench in position and tighten until you hear the click of the torque wrench, as shown in the video.
- The click lets you know you have achieved the preset torque with this type of torque wrench.
- Don't forget to release the brake assembly tension and re-install the crank arm bolt cap.
For more information click here.