Tools Needed: 4MM, 5MM, 6MM, and 8 MM Hex wrench and a Phillips screwdriver.
This video will demonstrate how to replace a belt and deck on a Matrix T3X treadmill. Though the video is specific to this treadmill it is very similar to most treadmills in the market.
1. Using a Phillips Screwdriver, remove the lower shroud and both end caps as seen in the video.
2. Next, using an 8MM hex wrench, remove the two rear roller bolts then remove the roller.
3. With a pair of pliers disconnect the drive belt tension assembly spring as shown in the video.
4. Use a 6mm Hex wrench to remove the two front roller bolts, and then remove the roller.
5. Now, with a 4MM hex wrench remove the side rail frames. There are two bolts on each of them.
6. Next remove the side rails. To do so you will need to move the rail back and forth until it is orientated over the mounts shown in the video. Once you do so, the rail will lift straight up off the unit.
7. Remove the deck bolts using a 5MM hex wrench. There are four on each side of the deck.
8. Slide the front roller out of the unit.
9. Grab the deck on each side and remove it and the running belt together.
10. Thoroughly clean the entire unit and both rollers. This step can dramatically extend or the life of a belt and deck. Not doing this can shorten the life significantly.
11. Install the belt onto the deck as shown in the video and then slide them in place on the unit and align the belt and deck with the holes in the frame.
12. Install the front roller. Make sure you install the drive belt. Center the belt on the front roller then start both of the front roller bolts. Once you have started both bolts, tighten them.
13. Install the drive belt tension spring.
14. Install the eight Deck bolts.
15. Install the rear roller and make sure that the end of the bolts goes through the hole in the frame for the roller alignment as shown in the video.
16. Now tension the rear roller. For more information on the belt tension process click HERE.
17. Re-install the side rails and rear roller cover frames.
18. Install the rear roller covers and lower shroud.